Monday, September 13, 2010

Tuesday 9/8

This post is past due, but most necessary for posting.
The day after labor day, I still had a major cooking and Italian streak. This time no bottled sauce, purely hand made!

My sauce this time I did differently. I added Onions!

I started with sauteing about 1/2 onion and 3 cloves garlic. I love Garlic!

Then went to pouring the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes once the onions were a golden brown.

This was after the spices, but what I used were from my garden as well as the dried herbs Catherine had given from her garden! (yumm!)

This is a tomato we have growing in our garden!

This is my Thyme that is used

A little bit of sage

And a whole bunch of my basil.
I used dried Oregano, as my died with all the heat we had towards the end of the summer :(. Thanks to Catherine I am not without.
once all the spices were added, I used salt and pepper to taste, as well as a pinch of sugar! I let my sauce simmer on low for about an hour and a half. then got to makin the extras!

I had found this really wonderful Purple and White Eggplant at Farmers Market and just thought it was too cool not to take home and eat!


I chopped this tasty eggplant as well as some zucchini and sauteed them in some oil with salt and pepper! this was to top the Protein Plus Thin Spaghetti.



While I was finishing the veggies and waiting for the pasta to be ready I used some left over Jimmy Johns bread, put butter, Minced Garlic, and Mozzarella Cheese and broiled it in the oven to make some tasty Garlic Bread!



That was an end to the meal.

It was quite a delicious dinner for those who live at the 211 house. Unfortunately I was most busy for the rest of the week and the most experimental I got with food was mixing Strawberry and Blueberry instant Oatmeal for dinner one night...

No comments:

Post a Comment