Wednesday, October 27, 2010

long fall nap-one season too early I am aware.

SO sorry for the absence my lovely readers...I have been on the lazy side of all things sunny, as in NOT cooking :( shame on me...
my roomie was doing a raw diet for a little bit of October, but alas she caved.
her are some things I made in the beginning of the month.

I had Hummus, Nan Bread, and some Basil Pesto that we concocted one day for a little snack.
the Nan was left in my freezer from a friend Andrea, and I thawed it in the oven on 350 for a few minuets, then fried it up in a pan for a crispier flavor.


The Pesto was made from the Basil Plant in the yard, Lime juice, walnuts and olive oil. It was quite nutty but still a tasty homemade treat.


This Hummus was quite a silly one, I never make a normal hummus. this had
a can of chick peas
tahini
basil
lime juice
red peppers
sage
thyme
grapefruit juice
garlic
Tabasco - the green kind
and I think that is all.
Hummus is an easy make, you have to start by draining your chick peas, adding your ingredients, then adding some tahini and the remainder of the chickpea juice for thickening or thinning purposes as well as flavor.

on a side note: A pasta salad made up of weird things in my kitchen, such a forks and spoons, and can shards, as well as egg shells...just kidding. It was really good tho.

I used both Penne and Rotini, spinach, black and red beans, Italian dressing, as well as olive oil, garlic, and red wine vinegar to help out a little. it was quite tasty, full of protein (noodles too!) and Sam and I were able to munch on it for 3 days! so no cooking for that busy week :(.

well as you see I am back, more two come, I have a vegan meal, a stop motion with apples and the outcomes of that, as well as some more breakfast stuff. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment