Saturday, January 29, 2011

MICROWAVE HELL!

So after that wonderful TVP Loaf, our oven decided to blow up THE NEXT DAY. It has not been a fun one, as I had just gone grocery shopping and was wanting to cook many foods. I was stuck making things in the microwave and George Foreman Grill. I made a delicious SAMwhich, turns out he loves me so much he let me have half, it was delicious and looked great, but something that happens with me, I forgot to take a picture before we ate it. I will tell you how to make the delicious treat.

2 slices of bread
lots o mayo
1 swiss cheese slice
1 provolone cheese slice
lettuce
2 tomato slices

butter the bread, put one on the grill butter side down. then add tomato then lettuce. place your cheese on top of the lettuce layer, then place the second slice of bread mayo side on the cheese, butter towards the top layer of grill. Close grill and wait for the cheese to be really really melty!!!! The purpose of having the cheese part on top of all the veggies is because of gravity, when the cheese melts, it will drip into the creases in the veggies, binding it and making it super yummy.

I am sad to not have a picture, but I do have pictures of our dessert treat I made in the microwave.












I made sliced apples with chocolate chips, Peanut Butter, Brie Cheese, Cinnamon and Honey, and warmed it all up in the wave machine. It was super good! It was one of the best desserts I have made in the microwave, besides those one brownie thingys. Luckily my parents have decided to celebrate my Stepmom's 50 Years on an island and let me watch the house so I have an oven for the next week until ours gets fixed/ replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment