Saturday, January 29, 2011

TV DINNER

I have this friend. He is a TV celebrity. His name? The Bone Man.
The Bone Man and I have done several cooking things together, His title for them "Bone Appetit". Once we made the Best Lasagna Ever along with Chocolate Mouse, this time it was Sweet Potato Burritos and Mint Chocolate Pudding Cakes.

The Bone Man has a show on CATV that I have helped with from its birthing stages. We film these cooking events and it is always a good time.
The Burritos was Bone Mans idea and I just went along with it. We changed the above linked recipe a bit.


The recipe calls for mustard and kidney beans, we decided to loose those and add black beans and pinto beans, along with cilantro. I had never thought about eating sweet potatoes in burritos, which was really good! I also thought it would be a good idea to maybe add a tasty sauce to it while it was baking the oven it consisted of:
Vegetable Oil
2 dried chili peppers, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced


The Bone Man works a Bleu Restaurant here in Columbia, so we worked together and made this beautiful presentation. If only Gordon Ramsay were here to tell me his thoughts.

The desert. That was all me. Again I picked my delicious recipe from the Bon Appetit Desert Book, this time it was far easier than the cake. It really only took a few bit of mixing and some 7 minutes of baking and my only snag came on the flipping from the custard cup to plates... It was a failure on my part to use a knife around the edges, I was afraid the knife would ruin it, but really it just helped loosen up the cake from the well buttered cup.

The only change I made on the recipe was using Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie which is my favorite ice cream of the moment, the recipe calls for mint chocolate chip, they are pretty much the same thing.
This dessert was so gooey, so rich, so wonderful. You think that Dominos has it down, well they don't this is an easy inexpensive recipe that is just the best.


To top of the evening, once the cooking and cleaning had been done, Sam and I decided to take a load off and enjoy my new favorite drink, Old Fashioned. Sam and I are on our 4th day of drinking these. They are the BEST!

Here is the recipe:
3oz. whiskey
ice to the top of Lowball Glass
in a cocktail shaker:
4-5 dashes of bitters
club soda (bubbly) or water
1/2 tsp of sugar, pour the cocktail shaker mixture of the sugar over the glass
top with a cherry and an orange.

I didn't have any oranges, but my parents have umbrellas, which I think might be cooler. Be Somebody!

Oh yeah, for those of you wondering why these are looking "fancier" than normal, it is because I am house sitting for my fancy parents, they are able to have fancy things that are less likely to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment